The eighteenth Tesseracts anthology is open for submissions until the end of the year, looking for short fiction up to 5,000 words on the theme of 'Wrestling with Gods'.
Note: Sadly, this anthology is open to Canadian authors only.
Straight from the submissions page:
- This anthology will include as diverse a representation of both real-world religions and faiths of fictional cultures as possible. Stories should not be looking to pass historical or cultural judgment, instead they should feature character-driven plots that include faith, doubt, miracles, spiritual journeys, and diversity of opinion within a faith. Please avoid blanket stereotypes of faith-based cultures. The editors want to "see faith surprise us", as well as "surprise science fiction and fantasy readers". See the BLOG for a detailed description.
- The Tesseracts Eighteen anthology will reflect as broad a spectrum of stories as possible; highlighting unique styles and manners.
- Submissions must be speculative fiction: science fiction, fantasy, dark fantasy, magic realism, slipstream, supernatural horror, weird tales, alternate history, space opera, planetary adventure, surrealism, superheroes, mythic fantasy, etc.
- Submissions may be either short fiction or poetry.
- The maximum length for stories is 5,000 words, with shorter works preferred.
- The Tesseracts anthology series is only open to submissions from Canadians, landed immigrants living in Canada, longtime residents of Canada, and Canadian expatriates living abroad.
- Canadian authors who write in languages other than English are welcome to submit an English translation of their work, provided it otherwise falls within the parameters of this anthology. Translation into English is the sole responsibility of the author. Please supply details of original publication for any submission that originally appeared in a language other than English.
Guidelines here: http://www.edgewebsite.com/books/tess18/t18-catalog.html